Sunday, January 27, 2008

Example 2 (Multiple Pieces: Sulpture in Wax)

Three pieces to show you today. Enjoy!


First up two views of a rose-ish type flower sculpted from a white pillar candle.





Next we have a similar piece. This is again a rose type flower carved from a pillar candle. This piece was used as seen here for a unity candle. I did not make the base that it sits on.



I had less than one day start to finish to complete this piece, and I feel that I would have done a cleaner/better job given more time. I am still happy with how it turned out.



Last and probably least important in this post is a piece I did early one morning when I couldn't sleep. It is a simple mug sculpted from pinkish wax leftover from another piece I had done. The mug looks a bit rough, but that's because the entire piece is about 1" square and cut using an Xacto knife.



Thanks for visiting.

No comments: